Meet Jill E. Brittle
I grew up in Portland, Oregon. I attended Portland State University, where I received a bachelors degree in psychology, graduating with high honors.
In 2002, I began law school at Lewis & Clark Law School, where I met my husband, Adam. Throughout college and law school, I worked full time in the Portland legal community. I spent five years working at the Oregon Law Institute, where I supported Assistant Dean Elizabeth Stephens in organizing continuing legal education seminars for local professionals. This afforded me the opportunity to work with well-respected attorneys and judges and solidified my love of the law.
I spent my last year of law school clerking at the Department of Justice in the Family Law Section. I appeared in court on behalf of the State of Oregon in cases involving the termination of parental rights, child support enforcement, and mental health issues. This allowed me to gain a unique insight on the challenges faced by Oregon families in the family law arena.
After law school, I joined my husband Adam Brittle, and his father, Tim Brittle, to create West Valley Law Group PC in Corvallis, Oregon. There I focused primarily on family law and elder law. Upon Tim’s retirement, we returned to Portland to continue the firm under its new name, Brittle & Brittle, PC. Our goal is to continue to provide assistance to families and individuals as they navigate the legal system.
In my spare time I enjoy reading, cooking, crafts, and spending time with Adam and our daughters Ella and Shea. I am also passionate about protecting children and providing access to the legal system for women and minorities.
- State of Oregon, 2006
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon, 2006 (J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence)
- Dispute Resolution Training, Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law Training
- Formal Mediator Training
- Portland State University, 2002 ( B.S., Psychology, With High Honors)
- Oregon State Bar Family Law Section
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Jill was named a 2011-2014 “Rising Star” in Super Lawyer magazine.
- Jill was named a 2105 “SuperLawyer” in Super Lawyer magazine.
- Founding member Portland Collaborative Divorce Group
- Oregon Women Lawyers Foundation Board President (2012-2013)
- Oregon Women Lawyers Foundation Board (OWL, 2008 – present)
- Lewis and Clark Law School student mentor (2008-present)
- Young Lawyers Section Imprint Program volunteer (2009)
- Benton County CASA volunteer (2007-2008)
- Member, OSB Public Service Advisory Committee (2010 – 2012)
- Jill E. Brittle was chosen by the Oregon State Bar Board of Governors to serve on the Public Service Advisory Committee, effective January 1, 2010, for a two-year term. The committee provides volunteer opportunities to increase understanding and respect of the justice system by adult Oregonians.